The Paris Museum Pass is a great way to save money if you want to visit several museums and monuments. It provides unlimited free access to over 60 museums and monuments in, and around, Paris, and with the Paris Museum Pass you can skip the long queues for ticket sales.
With every purchase you receive a really useful booklet with a list and description of all museums and monuments the pass is valid for, and a map showing their position. Take into consideration that should you need a rest room in Paris the museums and monuments have some of the nicest and cleanest ones in the city.
Under no circumstances buy the Paris Museum Pass in advance from a third-party, either online or from a travel agency, there will be up to a 25% mark up on the Pass price, and the Paris Museum Pass is easily purchased from any museum or monument in Paris.
There is a combined museum entry pass and travel pass: Paris Pass, which is considered by many to be overpriced, the consensus is that the Paris Museum Pass is better value.
Paris Museum Pass costs and conditions of use
2 day pass costs 32 euros,
3 day costs 48 euros,
6 day costs 64 euros.
However do take into account that under 18’s are generally free before buying the Paris Museum Pass.
Please note that many museums are closed on either a Monday or Tuesday so check before you make plans.
Where to buy passes
- In Paris
- From the Charles de Gaulle Airport
Museum pass :
- To buy or not to buy
- Add up the regular admission price for all the museums you plan to visit.
- Compare this with the cost of the museum pass.
- Saves time, since you don’t have to queue up at lengthy ticket lines
- Even with a pass, it’s compulsory to go through the security checks
- The pass gives you the ability to “Pop in for a quick look and leave if you don’t like” ability at any museum, that would normally not be on your itinerary ( due to ticket prices and long lines to buy tickets)
- A great way to explore Paris, to discover and compile your very own list of must see museums.
- Free and Cleanest Public toilets are at museums
- When to NOT buy a Museum Pass:
- If the cost of the individual tickets are cheaper than the pass
- First Sunday of the Month
- Free access to most of the museums, Please see the list at
- Should be avoided during summer due to over crowding !
- Under 18s : Many Paris museums offer free (or reduced fee) entry to under 18s
- Except for Hotel des Invalids – Napoleon’s Tomb, free for 12 and below
- NO ID check : The museum staff normally check only the date on the museum pass.
- Proof of age : Take a photocopy of the information page of your passport
- Buy from a smaller, less visited participating museum– to avoid long waits in queues
- Becomes valid from the First Date of Use on the pass and valid during consecutive days including
- Free first Sundays