The Musee de l’Orangerie is located in the Tuileries gardens on the Place de la Concorde. It is a very well known Parisian museum that features paintings from the impressionist and post-impressionist periods of art history. The Musee de l’Orangerie is frequently visited by those who enjoy the works of artists such as Claude Monet, Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, and Paul Cezanne. The museum is easily accessible by car, bus, or metro.
The Musee de l’Orangerie houses eight of Monet’s water-lily paintings in the Nympheas series. The paintings have been at the museum since 1927 and are a popular attraction for tourists. They are located on the top floor of the Musee de l’Orangerie in two rooms with diffused light. Many visitors enjoy the peaceful tone of the water-lily paintings and other exhibits in the recently renovated building.
The Musee de l’Orangerie was closed from 1999 until 2006, and its re-opening has excited many of the people in Paris. The lines to enter the building can be long on the weekends, particularly on the first Sunday of the month when admittance to this museum is free of charge. Those who purchase a Paris Museum Pass in advance can walk into the museum without having to wait.
Group tours are available at the Musee de l’Orangerie with a reservation, and guided tours in English are also offered on Mondays and Thursdays. The museum is closed on Tuesdays. The price of admission is 7.50 euros for those who do not have a Museum Pass. The museum’s hours are from 9 AM to 6 PM.