The first ever department store was Le Bon Marche, situated on the rue de Sevres. The building was designed by Gustave Eiffel who later designed the renowned Eiffel Tower.
Completed in 1852 the ornate style attracted much attention and it certainly set the style for most later stores. You will be entranced by the style and elegance of this amazing store.
Le Bon Marche is very high end shopping, this is designer heaven with prices to match.
Don’t forget that non-EU travelers can claim for a partial refund of the sales tax. All you have to do is spend more than 175 euros in any one transaction, get the forms filled in at customer services, then hand the forms in a the airport.
Highlights of Le Bon Marche are:
- constantly changing collections from nearly fifty top designers
- Lingerie department
- Internationally famous Wedding boutique
- Gourmet food market
- Culture department that houses a modern art gallery
How to get to Le Bon Marche
Opening hours for Le Bon Marche:
- Monday to Friday: 9:30 am to 7 pm
- Saturday: 9:30 am to 10 pm
- Closed on Sunday